PRESENTED BY HOUSTON’S 1OK FEARLESS
Emergency Response Disaster Team
Know the Facts Cardiac arrests are more common than you think, and they can happen to anyone at any time. Nearly 383,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur annually, and 88 percent of cardiac arrests occur at home. Many victims appear healthy with no known heart disease or other risk factors. Effective CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival, but only 32 percent of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander.
TRAIN . PREPARE . RESPOND
The Family & Friends CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway block for adults, children, and infants. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible.
Family & Friends CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card to meet a job requirement. This course is ideal for community groups, new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and others interested in learning how to save a life.
- Uses AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention
- Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills
- Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:January 19, 2019
- Start Time:1:30pm
- End Date:January 19, 2019
- End Time:4:00pm
- Number of Participants:25
- Location:5260 Griggs Rd, Houston, TX 77021